Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving post.

10 Things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving:
inspired by fellow-blogger, Hannah. :)
check her out at Hannah's Happenings.

My husband.  It's still weird for me to refer to him as that.  He was my friend for the first two years of getting to know each other, my boyfriend for pretty much the next six years, my fiance for a short year and a half, and now he's been my husband for six months.  It feels right that he is my husband, but it still sounds funny coming out of my mouth.  I love that we are newlyweds and that it is all so fresh, but I honestly do look forward to the day when it's hard for me to remember it being any different. 

Tony & HIS belly at 25 weeks into our pregnancy... :)

My family.  I can't imagine what holidays would be like without having family to share it with.  Even though we all get sick of our family from time to time, it is nice to have a day to reflect on how lucky you are to have these weirdos in your life!  I've got a mom who is fabulous and even though we bump heads more often than not, I am so glad to have her in my daily life; two sisters who I couldn't imagine life without; and the rest of my incredible extended family of aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and all those dorks.  What's not to be thankful for?  

Our new rental house.  We've been here for just a few months but it is such an improvement to our daily lives.  I think it's a definite step in the right direction and I so look forward to the day when we move into our first home of our own.  Knowing we won't need to move again right away will be such a peaceful feeling!!!  

My car, which is a freaking tank!  Oh my goodness.  I drive a 1992 Toyota Corolla given to me by my amazing Grandma Myers in 2006 and it has been such a blessing.  I have driven it in the snow and from Memphis to Moline a number of times and it is still doing just as great as it was five years ago.  

My car on one of the many trips from Memphis to Moline!


My in-laws.  Ahh, they make me SO very happy.  Their love and support through everything has made it so clear to me that we are a family.  I have the BEST mother-in-law; Selena is such a special person to me and I would not change our relationship for anything.  I can not wait to see them at Christmas time --things will feel so complete when we're all together.  


 My best friends.  :)  As much as I love my friends and as fortunate as I am to have them, I absolutely hate that we're all so spread out.  Except for the fact that my best friend, Betsy, has FINALLY moved back home!  We were inseparable towards the end of senior year & our first year of college, but soon after we lived away from one another and it's great having her back in my life - something I take for granted.  I am also so incredibly thankful to have Becca in my life.  I do not know what I'd do without her.  I wish I could have all my friends in one place again like our wedding weekend.  

Thankful for each of them, everyday.

Our awesome church.  When Tony was in the process of being Catholic, we got to know so many (wonderful!) people in our parish.  Then there was the process of getting married in which I felt like we grew closer to our (fabulous!) priest.  And now, we are learning more about baptism and preparing to baptize our soon-to-be-here baby at Christ the King.  I feel like we are on this huge journey that we didn't even realize we were embarking on and we are surrounded by all the love from our amazing church family.  It is SUCH a wonderful, overwhelming feeling.  

Food.  Enough said.  This year we had two delicious Thanksgiving family feasts --thinking about all my favorite dishes just makes my mouth water!  Also, very lucky to have such gracious hosts to have included us in the various turkey day feasts.  

Our jobs.  Tony & I are lucky to work with some fantastic people every day and some of the lucky people to have consistent pay checks coming in each month.  We are able to pay our bills and  have money left over for entertainment.  Again, we are lucky.  

Baby Presley.  Last, but certainly not least in my mind is the growing baby in my belly (well, uterus, but you know what I mean).  I can already tell she is growing so fast and I pray she is healthy, happy, and protected in there.  Tony gets to feel her kicking and moving around nearly every day now and last night she was totally showing off for us --we could see her kicking and moving around on the outside of my belly and it was SO cool.  (Of course, as soon as Tony started recording on his phone, she calmed down and started hiding... what a stinker!)  To think we only have three months until we see her precious face gives me goosebumps and brings a few hormonal tears to my eyes.  :)


I know it is a bit overdue, but things have been crazy this past week/end.  On top of being here, there, and everywhere for Thanksgiving, we are in the middle of doing some rearranging in our house and I couldn't be more excited!  This includes getting things set up in the nursery... YAY!!!!!  I think we Tony will be able to put together the crib this week and I will definitely take a picture of it once we get it up and running.  I can't believe how much things are coming together here lately.  A few weeks ago I felt like SO many things were up in the air and I couldn't have imagined what it would be like today.  After reflecting over the things I am most thankful for tonight it really has left me just glowing with love.  Such a wonderful feeling.  Truly, this time of year is the most wonderful!  And to think all the celebrating we have left to do in 2011....



Cannot wait for Christmas,



enjoy what you read?  vote for Chasing Moonlight & Roses by clicking the icon below!
Chasing Moonlight & Roses

No comments:

Post a Comment