Sunday, March 17, 2013

Nice Weather Bucket List

Looks like it's almost time to celebrate one of my favorite Midwest holidays...SPRING-TIME IS UPON US!  Yes... March 20th is this upcoming week already.

One swallow does not make a spring.
Bluebirds are a sign of spring; warm weather and gentle south breezes they bring.
In spring, no one thinks of the snow that fell last year.
Don’t say that spring has come until you can put your foot on nine daisies.
Spring-time sweet!
The whole Earth smiles, thy coming to greet.
Spring Folklore                           


And not only is March 20th the first day of spring, it is also our dating anniversary... ten years ago Tony and I decided to make it official, boyfriend-and-girlfriend style.  Anyways, back to spring!  Other than looking for bluebirds and daisies to step on, this is what you can find us doing once the weather cheers up:


Some things are silly (trying the cool ranch doritio taco from Taco Bell) and others are things we've been wanting to do for a long time and just haven't gotten around to yet (like riding the channel cat or going inside the John Deere Commons).  We figure we won't be living in the Quad Cities forever and we want to live it up while we are here!  And of course, other things will just be exciting firsts for Miss Presley.  She has yet to get on a swing and I just can't wait to see how she likes it.  She hasn't been to a baseball game, ever seen fireworks, or ridden in her bike seat - and I am terrified when I think about that last one.  Also, we got an AWESOME fondue set when we got married and we have yet to use it.  I know, what in the world am I doing with my life?!  I think I take a peek at it every week and let out a long sigh!  It's absolutely time to light that baby up.  Or in our case plug it in... it's electric!  I think I'm most excited about the Quad City Marathon 5 Person Relay!!!  We did the QC Marathon 5k last year and it was such a fun time - especially all the fun stuff they have going on downtown Moline after the race.  Cannot.  Wait.  We're hoping to do a family relay team which will make it even more awesome.  Especially if my cousin Breanne signs up with us... then we will have someone who can totally kick ass at the longer legs of the race!  ;)  Of course, I say this all now before I begin the actual running!  I remember when we did the C25K last year I kept telling Tony that not all bodies were made to run.  Hopefully I can change that theory this summer.

Alright... so what's going on this Spring and Summer in your town? 

Chasing Moonlight & Roses


Link Up!
 Ashley Noelle @ Every Little Beautiful Piece

No comments:

Post a Comment