Sunday, April 20, 2014

Marriage Monday: Question Game

It's hard to know what to talk about when it comes to the topic of marriage... sometimes learning about marriages in the modern world can be sort-of depressing.  Sometimes exactly what you need to hear, but doesn't always make you feel warm and cheery on the inside or necessarily closer to your partner than you felt before.  Anyways, if you ask me, it's all important to talk about.  Thanks to an entry on the Gottman Blog that I stumbled across, today's Marriage Monday post will be a potentially exciting one!

One of the most fun ways to interact with your spouse is learning more about each other, especially asking questions that might not come up in everyday conversation without making a point to talk about it.

So, today, I want you to play a game with your spouse.  And don't worry - the instructions are easy.

Step one
: Both of you will need something to write with and something to write on.  Together, randomly decide on 10 numbers between 1-30.  Then, write down those numbers in a column on the left side of your paper.

Step two: Below is a list of numbers and corresponding questions.  Match the numbers you two agreed on with the questions below, and take turns asking your spouse the questions.

If your spouse gets it right - you can award them the number of points indicated for that question, and you receive one point.  If your spouse is wrong, neither of you receive points.  The same rules apply when you answer.  The winner at the end of your 10 questions is whomever has the higher number of points!  And remember... great conversations and connections lead to great sex!  (And I don't know a single couple who couldn't use more of any of those things!!!)

*   *   *   *   *

1. Name two of my closest friends. (2)

2. What was I wearing when we first met? (2)

3. Where was I born? (1)

4. When is my birthday? (1)

5. Who is my favorite relative? (2)

6. What is my fondest unrealized dream? (4)

7. What if my favorite time of day for lovemaking? (3)

8. What was one of my best childhood experiences? (2)

9. What do I like most to do with my time off? (2)

10. What is my favorite movie? (2)

11. What do I fear most? (4)

12. Which side of the bed do I prefer? (2)

13. What medical problems do I worry about most? (2)

14. What is my favorite romantic restaurant? (2)

15. Name one of my favorite novels. (2)

16. Name two of the people I admire most. (4)

17. What is my favorite sex position? (3)

18. What spot on my body is most sensitive? (4)

19. What was my most embarrassing moment? (3)

20. What is my favorite outfit to wear when I want to look sexy? (3)

21. Do I prefer flowers or candy? (2)

22. What is my favorite holiday? (2)

23. What physical quality am I most attracted to in the opposite sex? (3)

24. When was the first time I had sex? (2)

25. How many kids do I want to have? (3)

26. What is the date of our anniversary? (1)

27. What did I think about you when we first met? (4)

28. When did we have our first kiss? (1)

29. What is my favorite getaway place? (3)

30. What is my favorite way to spend an evening? (3)

*   *   *   *   *

Did you guys end up with some good questions for each other?  Did anything you learned by playing this game end up surprising you?  What was your favorite part of this exercise?  And the competitive person in me has to ask... who won?

No comments:

Post a Comment