Thursday, July 23, 2015

Twin Cousins.

While I was growing up, I felt lame because my favorite people (and best friends) were family members.



And now, I couldn't imagine my life any other way. Nor would I want it to be any different.




Most of the people I considered my best friends over time who I wasn't related to have come in and out of my life and they are ALWAYS a warm & happy part of my memories. At the time, though, I couldn't imagine my life without them.

I can see now what a supreme blessing it has been growing up next to my siblings and cousins... we're stuck with each other! And thank goodness for that.



The really great thing to look back on is how much our parents made sure we would get together as often as possible so that we could spend time with our aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins. I have to give credit to my mom and Aunt Jill for all they did to get us kids together... if they hadn't done that I might not be so close with my cousin Breanne. It's true that you don't fully understand or appreciate the things your parents do for you until you're a parent. Then it all begins to dawn on you how lucky you are to belong to the family you are part of.





It's Breanne's birthday today and it's days like these that cause me to reflect on just how thankful I am for her. I have taken our friendship for granted so much over time because it's just always been there because she has always been there.




She's always been a force for good in my life. Whether it was someone to just laugh with - which we have done a LOT of - or someone to sit, listen, and give advice from the heart... Breanne is someone who always seems to get me out of my own head and comfort zone. Heck, she even successfully talked me into dating Tony a million years ago! It also helps that we're so close in age and able to relate to each other so closely in that regard.





And now that we're moms - with two sets of kids that are just about the same age apart as we are! - we get to bond about pregnancy, labor, childbirth, breastfeeding, parenting, marriage, etc!!! (Bond... AKA vent!!!) I don't know what my life would look like without her and I'm glad to not know.


So... definitely photo overload on this post... but I couldn't seem to pick just a few of my favorites. Anyways, happy birthday to one super special person in my life... hope we're around to enjoy 27+ more years of each other! (Preferably a LOT more than 27 more!) Thank you for keeping me sane at every turn and for your friendship. We got lucky by being family but no one ever forced us to be friends and I promise to always be here for you, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment